[Mailman-Users] How to discard messages from just a few list members?

Ulf Dunkel dunkel at calamus.net
Mon Aug 24 09:23:26 CEST 2015

Hi Stephen.

> > Thank you, but I won't send unmoderated news to any newsletter. I am
> > using Mailman for felt decades and I am so happy that the moderated flag
> > always kept me from sending postings too early.
>
> Unmoderate yourself in the member view, and then use a privacy filter
> with your address, and action set to Hold.
>
> The same strategy should work for any number of authorized posters by
> adding their addresses to the regexp with "|".
>
> Note: Untested, but AFAIK the several moderation methods are
> independent in this way.

I now have set these settings:

Privacy Options > Subscription rules > Sender filters:
- default_member_moderation: Yes (was already set)
- member_moderation_action: Discard (was: Hold)
- member_moderation_notice:
"Sorry. This is a moderated mailing list. You don't have write access here."
(without quotation marks)

Privacy Options > Subscription rules > Spam filters:
- header_filter_rules:
Spam Filter Regexp:
"From: Ulf Dunkel <dunkel at calamus.net>" (without quotation marks) *)
Action: Hold

*) I firstly had to check which exact header phrase was used from my
email client.

This seems to be the setting that works for me.

---Ulf Dunkel