[Mailman-Users] How to discard messages from just a few list members?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Mon Aug 24 09:49:14 CEST 2015

In a message of Mon, 24 Aug 2015 09:10:46 +0200, Ulf Dunkel writes:

>Thank you for your detailed cookbook, but I would lose moderation of my
>own postings to this newsletter mailing list if I would do either way as
>you suggested. I know that the basic intention of Mailman mailing lists
>is to let all members of a list communicate with others and I am kind of
>"misusing" it as a newsletter mailing list.
>
>---Ulf Dunkel

I had an idea for a work-around for you.

Get yourself a second account.  Subscribe both of them to the mailing list.
Moderate one, not the other.  Disable mail delivery for one of the
accounts -- don't unsubscribe, just turn off delivery.  You can set both
of them up as list moderators, list owners if you like, or just the one
account if that is better for you.

Laura