[Mailman-Users] How to discard messages from just a few list members?

Ulf Dunkel dunkel at calamus.net
Mon Aug 24 09:10:46 CEST 2015

Dear Mark.

> To be more specific, set Privacy options... -> Sender filters ->
> default_member_moderation to Yes to automatically moderate new members
> and set Privacy options... -> Sender filters -> member_moderation_action
> to Discard and Submit Your Changes. Then on the Membership Management...
> -> Membership List page under Additional Member Tasks, set "Set
> everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently
> visible" to On and click "Set".
>
> Then, in order to be able to post yourself, uncheck your "mod" box on
> the Membership Management... -> Membership List pages and Submit Your
> Changes, or better still, leave yourself moderated and post with an
> posting by spoofing your address. See the FAQs at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030685> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030556>.

Thank you for your detailed cookbook, but I would lose moderation of my
own postings to this newsletter mailing list if I would do either way as
you suggested. I know that the basic intention of Mailman mailing lists
is to let all members of a list communicate with others and I am kind of
"misusing" it as a newsletter mailing list.

---Ulf Dunkel