[Mailman-Users] SPF best practices?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Aug 24 03:23:56 CEST 2015

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 08/23/2015 10:59 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Mark Sapiro writes:
 > >
 > >  > The scenario is your list member is user at example.com.
 > >  > user at example.com is set to forward all mail to example_user at yahoo.com.
 > >
 > > Heh.  This user is screwed if you use dmarc_moderation_action too.
 >

 > I don't think so. The munged From:

I was thinking about the opposite case, where it *doesn't* get munged.
Temporary brain fart -- that is OK because the *From* domain can't be
p=reject, so no problem with DMARC even though Yahoo! has draconian
policies.  (Of course the user must deal with rejects due to Yahoo!'s
AUP, but that doesn't have anything to do with DMARC.)

This stuff is just hard to think about. :-(