[Mailman-Users] Documentation error?

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Apr 24 00:16:21 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 13:57 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/ is the path that results from a
> default configure. To get closer to FHS you can configure with the options
>
> --prefix=/usr/local/lib/mailman
>
> or
>
> --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman
>
> and
>
> --with-var-prefix=/var/lib/mailman

I've been copying my configure params from config.log for so long, and
across so many version upgrades, that I've truly forgotten that these
aren't the defaults ;)

> Full FHS compliance is harder. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/8486953> and
> the mailman-developers thread linked therefrom. Note that this is a Red
> Hat patch, not standard Mailman.
>
> If you want to file a bug for documentation purposes, feel free, but it
> will be marked 'won't fix - wishlist' for MM 2.1.

Thanks Mark.  I'll leave it be.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"