[Mailman-Users] Forbidden is still there.

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Thu Apr 23 21:47:31 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 11:43 -0500, Dr. Mikeal Hughes wrote:
> I did discover if I type in www.biblematters.net in my browser I still get the Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at www.biblematters.net Port 80

You will probably get more information from the Apache error log
file, /var/log/apache2/error.log by default on Ubuntu systems.

> I get a page that apparently doesn’t update.

What do you mean, it doesn't update?

> I get the Administrator page put my password in and it says Authorization Failed.

This is an odd URL. Any URL with "listinfo" in it should bring up the
list information page, not the administrator page.

Additionally, you should never need to put "cgi-bin" in the URL for
either the administrator or list information page.

It sounds as if you may have Apache unconfigured or misconfigured for
Mailman. Have you read the instructions at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node10.html>?  Note
that the reference to /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/ is outdated.
Current installs on Ubuntu use /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"