[Mailman-Users] Forbidden is still there.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 23 19:11:20 CEST 2015

On 04/23/2015 09:43 AM, Dr. Mikeal Hughes wrote:
> I did discover if I type in www.biblematters.net in my browser I still get the Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at www.biblematters.net Port 80

This is because of your Apache configuration. Since you seem unable to
work this out yourself, and since I happen to have some free time, if
you tar up /etc/apache2 and send me the tarball (off list), I'll look at
it and suggest corrections.

> I get a page that apparently doesn’t update.

What does "apparently doesn’t update" mean? If you mean it doesn't show
your lists, again, see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030613>.

> I get the Administrator page put my password in and it says Authorization Failed.

That's the listinfo page. Do you mean
<http://www.biblematters.net/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/biblematters>? If so,
the list admin password you set when you created the list should work.
If it doesn't, you could try bin/change_pw (use the --help option for
info) or the script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/set_passwd.py> to
set a new one.