[Mailman-Users] Cron command?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 21 19:16:48 CEST 2015

On 04/21/2015 09:42 AM, Adam McGreggor wrote:

> This makes me wonder if it might be useful to have two files in the
> Mailman source:
>
>     mailman/cron/crontab.in-system
>     mailman/cron/crontab.in-user
>
> with -system including the 'user' column?

Why? Our distribution works when installed per our docs. Downstream
packages also tend to do the right thing. Problems tend to occur only
when users of packages try to follow our documentation rather that the
packager's.

> Were the 'offical' source for Mailman be GitHub, there'd be a PR
> already, handling that.

Just FYI and not addressing the issue of, PRs vs. branches vs. bzr merge
proposals, Mailman 3 will probably use GitLabs as it's official
repository. We're not there yet, but we recognize that Bazaar lost the war.

We can't use GitHub because GitHub uses proprietary software and as a
GNU project, we get into issues with FSF if our complete stack is not
open source.