[Mailman-Users] I'd prefer clients had collapsing features, not top-post; do away with mailing list digests

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Fri Apr 10 09:58:11 CEST 2015

On Thu, 9 Apr 2015, Mike Starr wrote:

> I'm promoting top-posting with trimming; you're promoting bottom posting
> with trimming.

Well ,,, yes, trimming is really what is needed (and interleaving !)
Quoting the entire message is annoying and wasteful of storage space and
of one's attention !

Said that, bottom (or better interleaved if the message is long and has
many subtopics unlike this one) posting is more legible, compare this one
where I reply below the text and the example below the dashed line which
is reversed.

Well ,,, yes, trimming is really what is needed (and interleaving !)
Quoting the entire message is annoying and wasteful of storage space and
of one's attention !

Said that, bottom (or better interleaved if the message is long and has
many subtopics unlike this one) posting is more legible, compare this one
where I reply ABOVE the text and the example ABOVE the dashed line which
is "normal".