[Mailman-Users] I'd prefer clients had collapsing features, not top-post; do away with mailing list digests

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Apr 9 17:56:21 CEST 2015

On 4/9/2015 12:25 AM, Danil Smirnov wrote:
> The solutions is quite simple - use top-posting if you answering to
> the very whole message or thread (like this).

> Why keep using one scheme only?

> P.S. Never use bottom posting please... :)

In order-
You'd be amazed at what would annoy people.

Because I like it.

Sorry.

(As I've opined before, IME many people consider what we might call inline
posting to be "bottom posting". I follow language that usage.)

It's not only about where you put the reply text, it's about how much of the
original you retain. Users of one style are more apt to remove nothing from
the original message while users of the other are apt to remove large chunks.

z!