[Mailman-Users] I'd prefer clients had collapsing features, not top-post; do away with mailing list digests

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Apr 9 16:33:32 CEST 2015

On 4/9/2015 1:25 AM, Danil Smirnov wrote:
> The solutions is quite simple - use top-posting if you answering to
> the very whole message or thread (like this).
> It will save your time and would annoy nobody. (Don't forget to put

And your premise is wrong already.  Top posting on an email list is
highly annoying to anyone that prefers to read context in order instead
of upside down.  I, and MANY like me, read left to right and TOP TO
BOTTOM... it's just one example of plain, old fashion, good email
etiquette.  I realize there are those that don't read that way but they
aren't posting to an email list using the English language either.
--
Steve