[Mailman-Users] Templates

JB jebva at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 4 18:24:13 CEST 2015

Well that kind of sucks.  It would be pretty difficult (with my limited python knowledge) to edit that code so that it generate a page skinned to each client's web site.  I really think this is the one glaring weakness with MM.  Not trying in any way what-so-ever to kick your cat by say that so please do not take it that way.    It is just hard to create a professional site design utilizing MM when a number of pages are tied to that plain vanilla look and feel.  MM would be such a far superior product if all of the pages were skinnable to match the look and feel of the client's site.

In all of my lists, MM is used as a generic announcement only mailing list.  There is no form presented to subscribe/unsubscribe (email commands are all that we use).  We do not utilize subscriber passwords etc so the whole 'login' interface is 100% irrelevant.  My listinfo page is merely a text with the mailto sub/unsub links skinned to match the web site.  I'd actually prefer to set it up so that either the options page is a clone of the listinfo page (or even better so as to avoid keeping two copies of the same code) simply have the options page (at login or any point) redirect to the listinfo page.  Of course all of this would need to be done on a list by list basis and not 100% hardcoded per se.

Anyway, that is my feedback.  I applaud the efforts to write this program.  I could never do it.  I think tough that a little more flexibility in design woudl make it so very much better.