[Mailman-Users] Customizing information required for subscription

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Sep 9 19:48:40 CEST 2014

Charlene Ruell writes:

 > Currently, part of our subscription process involves gathering
 > additional information, such as which one of our member
 > organizations the person requesting access if from. We then match
 > this information to our records and subscribe those who are
 > eligible. I have looked through all of the documentation for
 > Mailman and have not been able to find if there are customizable
 > fields for the subscription process. Does this exist? If not, does
 > anyone have any suggestions on how I might integrate such
 > information with the subscription process?

The Systers have a similar requirement (not all that similar
semantically - they want their new members to write an essay
describing themselves that gets posted to a website or something like
that - but the implementation is probably similar).  They have a fork
of Mailman 2 that implements this feature, among others.

Try writing to systers-dev at systers.org, and tell them I sent you.

Steve