[Mailman-Users] List suddenly stopped adding footers.

Malcolm Austen malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 12:13:09 CEST 2014

On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:31:40 +0100, Kevin T. Likes <kevin.likes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a user-managed list that suddenly stopped adding the footer to
> messages. It appears that after the time footers stopped being added, I
> started seeing links for scrubbed attachments to messages.
>
> What setting(s) could be causing this?

This may be a wild guess too far ...

Is this an announcement list with only one regular poster? If it has
numerous posters, forget this idea but if there is just one dominant
poster, maybe that poster has switched from posting plain text to posting
HTML. IIRC that will tend to hide the footers in the MIME structure and
the posted HTML could be the scrubbed attachments you are finding.

... and if that was a guess too far, apologies for clogging up the list.

= Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen  <malcolm.austen at weald.org.uk>
GENUKI trustee  <genuki at weald.org.uk>