[Mailman-Users] Mailman is being a processor sponge.... very slow delivery...

Ecklund, Morgan Morgan.Ecklund at state.vt.us
Mon Sep 1 18:01:04 CEST 2014

I may have found it...
Man I should have known.
And Of course I do not know how to fix it.

Looks like we are receiving messages every 2 minutes or so from people not on the and mailman is busy filtering those out (totally my theory).

Sep 01 11:51:17 2014 (26561) -request/hold autoresponse discarded for: mailer-d
emon@"our symantec Brightmail Gateway"
Sep 01 11:51:17 2014 (26561) Mailman post from mailer-daemon@"our symantec Brightmail Gateway"  hed, message-id=<E1XOTgH-013p80-E0@"our symantec Brightmail Gateway" >: Post by non-member to a membrs-only list
Sep 01 11:53:49 2014 (26561) -request/hold autoresponse discarded for: mailer-d
emon@"our symantec Brightmail Gateway"
Sep 01 11:53:49 2014 (26561) Mailman post from mailer-daemon@"our symantec Brightmail Gateway" hed, message-id=<E1XOTgH-00Jqig-A6@ "our symantec Brightmail Gateway ">: Post by non-member to a membrs-only list

Is this a valid assumption?
Should the server be able to handle this?
How can I see what list these are being sent too?
How can I stop them?
Thanks
Morgan