[Mailman-Users] Mailman is being a processor sponge.... very slow delivery...

Ecklund, Morgan Morgan.Ecklund at state.vt.us
Mon Sep 1 17:23:27 CEST 2014

Hey Stephen,
Thanks for responding.
We do have a lot of public lists. The majority of the subscribers are google users (domain)  though. So we started getting the " Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported"  error. So I had to enable the "single connection per email
Will the update help with that issue?
I can imagine that is problem for delivery performance.
We also have internal subscribers only lists.  Subscribers are all on exchange server which is behind a Symantec Bright Mail Gateway (do they consider that a smart relay, cause man it is pain in my a$$?)
The delivery delay occurs with all of our  lists internal and external.
When I send a message. I can see that it is received by the list serve server in the Maillog.
Then 3 hours later I see in the mailman log that the message (confirmation that my message is awaiting moderation) was sent. I approve it for delivery it takes another 2-3 hours to hit my inbox.
The only reason I think it is related to mailman is because whenever I look I see that mailman is taking a ton of processor and memory.
When I run Check perm it says "no errors found".
I can attach my config files, which would you like to see?
Thanks Again
Morgan