[Mailman-Users] Server config problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 13 02:19:56 CEST 2014

On 10/11/2014 04:07 PM, Tracey McCartney wrote:

> Because of what I figure is a server misconfiguration or a cron problem,
> I don't receive moderator notifications from any of my lists.

The daily summary of moderator requests is sent by a cron, but if a
list's admin_immed_notify is Yes, those notices are sent without help
from cron.

cPanel lists generally use Exim as the MTA and if any delivery tp
Mailman works at all, delivery to LISTNAME-owner generally works, so,
assuming it's not cron, try mailing LISTNAME-owner and see if that gets
delivered to the list's owner and moderator addresses.

> Is there anyone on this list who has the expertise and willingness to
> work with InMotion to troubleshoot and fix this problem for a reasonable
> fee to be negotiated?  It may even be fixable using the SSH access on my
> account.

If this is a VPS and you have root access to it, you probably have the
access needed to fix it.

My own sanity preserving rules are "I don't work for money" and "I don't
touch your server", at least not in ways that are not available to the
world.

However, I'm more than happy to work with you or InMotion through this
list, but not as a paid consultant. I can't speak for anyone else here.