[Mailman-Users] You gave the wrong password - how to solve this?

Ulf Dunkel dunkel at calamus.net
Mon Nov 3 12:54:09 CET 2014

I run various Mailman mailing lists on my servers since - well - decades
;-). Subscribers usually won't see the original Mailman interface web
pages, but I have prepared own pages accordingly. Users can subscribe
and unsubscribe from these forms.

Example:
http://www.dsd.net/news/news_abo.php?lan=en

I handle the subscribe and unsubscribe commands of-the-web page in a PHP
server-script which then sends emails to the relevant mailing lists.
This works fine with subscriptions.

But when a user wants to unsubscribe, chances are that I receive a
message from the list with the "You gave the wrong password" result.

When my script sends an unsubscribe email to the relevant list, it has
this general format: