[Mailman-Users] Logo in posts

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:40:20 CEST 2014

On 30 May 2014 00:30, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 05/29/2014 08:18 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >>
> > An organization is 'sponsoring' a list and wanted to have their logo
> > included on all messages on the list. I understand that this means the
> list
> > has to somehow modify the message as it leaves going to subscribers.
> > As regards "convert_html_to_plaintext" I can have that disabled if it
> will
> > allow me to include the sponsor's logo somewhere in the body of the
> > message, but footer is best option.
>

> If you or the organization submit all posts, you can either turn off
> content filtering or ensure you pass text/html and the relevant
> multipart and image MIME types and set both collapse_alternatives and
> convert_html_to_plaintext to No and then just post a rich text (html)
> message with the logo in the stationery or signature.
>
> If others post, this won't ensure that their posts will contain the logo.

Hi Mark,

I am not a programmer, but allow me to ask.

In cases where Full Personalization is being done, how difficult would it
be to wrap that whole section into an html content in Python?
I am just imagining that whatever is put there can then be used to do weird
things like linking to an image when convert_html_to_plaintext is disabled.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,