[Mailman-Users] Problems with multi-machine slicing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun May 25 18:52:43 CEST 2014

On 05/24/2014 06:53 PM, Jeff Taylor wrote:
> Its odd, I could have sworn the slicing used to be done per recipient,
> not per message.  I've had to check logs for a client to confirm her
> messages went out, and generally had check all three machines to verify
> every user received the message.

Mailman's outgoing message which includes the addresses of all
recipients in the message's metadata is in one out/ queue entry.
Whatever slice that's in, it will be picked up by the OutgoingRunner
processing that slice of the queue and all recipients will be delivered
to that runner's outgoing MTA (default on localhost).

Perhaps there is also some load balancing between MTAs that allows them
to share the delivery.