[Mailman-Users] Missing sections in the latest version of the Mailman List Administration Manual

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 17 18:43:52 CEST 2014

On 05/17/2014 01:28 AM, Jacques Setton (Waycast Corp) wrote:

> In the latest PDF revision of the GNU Mailman - List Administration Manual
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin.pdf> , dated May 9 -
> 2014, the text content is missing for sections beyond 2.10 and till the end
> of the manual (i.e. section 6) .
>
> Is there any particular reason why this text content is missing ? Is it
> published elsewhere online ?

As it says at <http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/admins.html> (and
<http://www.list.org/admins.html>) "The GNU Mailman - List
administrator's Manual by Terri Oda is available, but not yet complete."
This is still the case.

There is some documentation of the things in sections 2.11 - 5 in the
web UI itself, but that's all.

The intent is that this manual will be at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+2.1+List+Administrators+Manual>,
but the version there is currently even less complete.

> Along the same vein, has an updated PDF version for the  GNU Mailman - List
> Member Manual <http://www.list.org/mailman-member.pdf> , dated September 28
> - 2013, been released ?

That manual has not been updated because as far as I know, no updates
are needed. If this is not the case, let me know.

Also note that the "current" version of this manual is at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+2.1+Members+Manual>