[Mailman-Users] Get newer version of Mailman for Debian 6?

Sascha Rissel mailman at rissel.it
Wed May 14 21:40:12 CEST 2014

Hello there,

I am running a vServer on Debian6.
Via "apt-get install mailman" I installed and set up Mailman 2.1.13, which
is running fine with 5 mailing lists on my server.

Motivated by all those discussions about Yahoo's DMARC on this list, I
wondered whether I can upgrade my Mailman installation to a newer version.

I tried "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" but I did not receive a
newer version of Mailman.

Unfortunately I don't consider myself as good enough in Linux usage, to be
able to build Mailman binaries from scratch on my own. Indeed I tried, but
already upon executing "configure" (Step 3 in Mailman's installation
guide<http://list.org/mailman-install/node7.html>)
I got a python warning
> Distutils is not available or is incomplete
which seems to tell me I should install another Python environment.

So I came to the point when I decided that compiling Mailman on my own is
too complicated for me, because in the end I definitely want a bug-free
installation of Mailman.

Is there maybe an easier way to get a more recent version of Mailman for my
server?

In advance, thanks for your help!
Sascha.