[Mailman-Users] Subscription flood

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 14 17:35:47 CEST 2014

On 05/14/2014 08:20 AM, Bill Christensen wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> Running the patch I got:
>
> patching file /path/to/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py
> patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 53 with fuzz 1 (offset -1 lines).
>
> (with the actual path in there)

The patch got munged in editing, but that may or may not be an issue.

> When trying to run a subscription I got the "We hit a bug" error.
>
> Error log says (among other stuff):
>
> admin(12818):   File "/opt/local/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py",
> line 56
>       if listname = 'problem_list':
>                   ^
>   SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> where 'problem_list' had been replaced by the actual list name.

Sorry, that's my mistake. It should be

    if listname == 'problem_list':

i.e., ==, not =.

> Comparing subscribe.py with subscribe.py.bak, it appears that it's in there
> as written.

Then whatever the "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line" issue was,
the result is probably OK. Just change the = to == and it should be OK.