[Mailman-Users] Subscription flood

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Wed May 14 17:20:55 CEST 2014

Thanks.

Running the patch I got:

patching file /path/to/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
Hunk #1 succeeded at 53 with fuzz 1 (offset -1 lines).

(with the actual path in there)

When trying to run a subscription I got the "We hit a bug" error.

Error log says (among other stuff):

admin(12818):   File "/opt/local/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py",
line 56
      if listname = 'problem_list':
                  ^
  SyntaxError: invalid syntax

where 'problem_list' had been replaced by the actual list name.

The same happens on other lists as well.

Comparing subscribe.py with subscribe.py.bak, it appears that it's in there
as written.

Any ideas?