[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Reply-To lines with from_is_list munging.

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue May 6 23:17:47 CEST 2014

On 5/6/14, 4:29 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Do you mean Privacy options... -> Recipient filters ->
> max_num_recipients = 2
>
> If so, ouch, but what do you do now when people reply-all to posts.
> Don't those replies get held?

Indeed. They get rejected. Policy on a couple particular lists. No cc's,
no using the address on web-forms (i.e. "greeting card sites") etc.

> This is specifically advised against by the DMARC community. See the
> NOTE: in the Requirements: section at
> <http://www.dmarc.org/supplemental/mailman-project-mlm-dmarc-reqs.html>.

Fair enough. So, basically I'm fsck'd. Set the lists to be
"anonymous_list" or set an explicit reply-to to be the lists and hope
that strips out the extraneous reply-to entry.

Or, as you said above, "ouch" and having to deal with a metric crapton
of ID-10t users not cleaning up the To: line when they reply and dealing
with clearing the moderation queue since we can't edit posts held for
moderation easily.

Best,
--G.