[Mailman-Users] DMARC and Reply-To lines with from_is_list munging.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 22:29:15 CEST 2014

On 05/06/2014 12:47 PM, Glenn Sieb wrote:

> So I updated to 2.1.18-1 today. Now we have a Reply-To that has the
> poster's email and the list's email address.
>
> A few of the lists I run block emails with more than one recipient,

Do you mean Privacy options... -> Recipient filters ->
max_num_recipients = 2

If so, ouch, but what do you do now when people reply-all to posts.
Don't those replies get held?

> I wonder if this solution might be more helpful here--something like
> what Google Groups is doing. Changing the From line to this:
>
> 'First Last <firstlast at domain.com>' via List Title
> <list-address at googlegroups.com>

This is specifically advised against by the DMARC community. See the
NOTE: in the Requirements: section at
<http://www.dmarc.org/supplemental/mailman-project-mlm-dmarc-reqs.html>.