[Mailman-Users] best way to reconfirm a list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 6 05:58:59 CEST 2014

On 05/05/2014 08:43 PM, Keith Bierman wrote:

> I naively thought that
> a formerly well functioning list having a number of yahoo members might
> have resulted in enough rejection/bounces that some "anti-spam bot"
> might declare the list itself forbidden ;>​

I don't discount this possibility, but the rejections just go back to
the Mailman server and the list, and reports of the rejections go to the
people publishing the DMARC p=reject policy for their domain. I don't
see how any of this winds up being delivered to some third party's spam
trap address.

I.e., the people (or bots) at Yahoo receiving reports of your DMARC
failures might decide to take some action against your server, but that
would be Yahoo blacklisting you for excessive DMARC failures
"impersonating" their domain. It wouldn't be maps saying you're sending
mail to their spam traps.