[Mailman-Users] Parallel list question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 3 19:03:35 CEST 2014

On 05/02/2014 03:41 PM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

> Want to have all subscribers to list A receive from, and be able to post to, list B. Purpose is to change the list title shown in the Subject: field, and have different admin options for list B.

Since you want the list A subscribers to get the list A subject_prefix
for posts to list B, list A needs to be a member of (subscribed to) list
B. You can't make list A a regular_include_list of list B because the
members of list A would then see list B's subject_prefix in posts to list B.

So list A is a member of list B. You need to be sure that list A's user
options include no password reminders. You can't make list B an umbrella
list (see <http://wiki.list.org/x/boA9>) because list B has regular
members and an umbrella list has only lists as members.

Then for list A members to be able to post to list B, you need @lista
(or whatever it's name is) in list B's accept_these_nonmembers and for
list B posts to not be held for implicit destination by list A, you need
to put list B's address in list A's Privacy options... -> Recipient
filters -> acceptable_aliases or turn off require_explicit_destination.

> (And while I'm at it, thank you to those who have worked on the DMARC "enhancements.")

Thanks from all of us for your appreciation. It's been an exciting month ...