[Mailman-Users] Q : Has anyone successfully deployed Mailman over a Plesk-based Linux system ?

Jacques Setton jsetton at waycast.com
Sun Mar 23 18:15:00 CET 2014

The software version listing in my original post was produced directly from
within Plesk Panel : ' Server Tab > Server Components Link > Components
Listing Page '.
In the resulting page listing, Python appeared as :  'mod_python
3.3.1-14.el6.1'

However, to be more accurate, here is a trimmed component listing that I get
when using the console command  ' $ yum list installed ' :
[ ... ]
httpd.x86_64			2.2.15-29.el6.centos
@base
mailman.x86_64		3:2.1.12-18.el6			@base
plesk-base.x86_64		11.5.30-cos6.build115130819.13
@PSA_11_5_30-dist
postfix.x86_64		2:2.8.14-13040119
@PSA_11_5_30-dist
python.x86_64		2.6.6-37.el6_4 			@updates
python-ethtool.x86_64	0.6-3.el6				@base

python-iniparse.noarch	0.3.1-2.1.el6
@anaconda-CentOS-201106060106.x86_64/6.0
python-iwlib.x86_64		0.1-1.2.el6
@anaconda-CentOS-201106060106.x86_64/6.0
python-libs.x86_64		2.6.6-37.el6_4
@updates
python-pycurl.x86_64		7.19.0-8.el6
@updates
python-urlgrabber.noarch	 3.9.1-8.el6
@base
[ ... ]

On this last listing, Pyhton's version is 2.6.x which seems to be what the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/pYA9> is recommending for Mailman 2.2.12 . So
I guess we should be OK on that side...

Regarding Mailman, the revision that I am using is the one which came along
with the Plesk-based server pack delivered by our cloud hosting supplier
(OVH). I checked Parallels' forums and found Plesk upgrade trace logs
including statements like "... skip keypackage
'mailman-3:2.1.12-18.el6.x86_64' from component mailman - same or newer
version of this package is already installed (in system
mailman-3:2.1.12-18.el6.x86_64) ... ". Thus, I trust that we should be OK on
that side as well...
- - -
 Jacques Setton
 jsetton at waycast.com