[Mailman-Users] Non-Members Get Messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 21 01:34:32 CET 2014

On 03/20/2014 11:05 AM, Peter Fiala - WCASA wrote:
> Mailman Community,
>
> I've been a Mailman user for a few years but have never been able to figure out this mystery, which may be completely obvious I realize. Someone emails me and requests to be taken off the list. I go to remove them and they are not members. They confirm that they are not on the list under any other email address. How could this possibly happen?

You need to obtain one of the "list" mails from the user and examine all
the headers of that message. This will tell you two things:

That the message did in fact come from your Mailman list if it did.

And if it did, most likely there will be information in the Received:
headers that will reveal the member address that Mailman sent to.