[Mailman-Users] Determine listserv that a member belongs to

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Mon Jun 16 22:45:17 CEST 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 13:27 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> It's a privacy concern. Just because I happen to subscribe to your list
> doesn't mean you should be able to know what other lists I might
> subscribe to. That's why only site admins (people who have sufficient
> access to the Mailman installation on the server) have this capability.

If you have shell access on a Mailman host you can pretty much do as you
wish, including circumventing a lot of Mailman's privacy walls, all
without having system root access.  This is both good and bad,
obviously, and is mostly an argument for being cautious about who has
terminal access on a server running Mailman.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |