[Mailman-Users] New install of mailman -- web links point to non-working https address

James Riemermann jamestr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 18:43:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

I just installed mailman on a Centos 6.5 server with Apache, and find that
all the links on the web interface are broken because they point to an
https:// address with /cgi-bin/ in the address rather than an http://
address that works.

The Defaults.py config includes the following line:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

rather than the folloowing:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/cgi-bin/'

which was recommended on one web tutorial I have been using for setup.

While I wouldn't mind having it work at the SSL/https address, I don't have
a working SSL certificate, won't be purchasing one, and would rather not
use a self-signed one that pops up security prompts every time someone
visits. So, I'm inclined to stick with the less secure http://

I've tried configuring it both ways, changing the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and
restarting mailman, but either way the site works at
http://www.mysite.com/mailman/listinfo/, but all the web links are to