[Mailman-Users] Moving Archive Lists

McGregor, Donald (Don) (CIV) mcgredo at nps.edu
Tue Jul 22 20:09:06 CEST 2014

> Some systems put the configs and so on in a different place from the
> "standard" mailman install.  I infer that you have the right place,
> but please confirm.  On my Debian system, list configs look like
>
> /var/lib/mailman/lists/LISTNAME/config.pck
>
> and I've never seen a system that didn't conform to the
> .../mailman/lists/LISTNAME/config.pck pattern.

The old version was 2.12 rc2, so it’s not that old.

list_lists does not pick up the old, archived lists, but does find any
new lists created on the new host. Comparing the
contents of a list from the old server to one created on the new
server:

// contents of list directory from old, crashed host for the list oldList:

[root lists]# ls -lR oldList
oldList:
total 8
drwxrwsr-x 2 root mailman 4096 May 29 14:10 en
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman   24 May 29 14:10 request.pck

oldList/en:
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root mailman 5582 May 29 14:10 listinfo.html

// Contents of directory for list, wocka17, created on the new host

[root lists]# ls -lR wocka17
wocka17:
total 12
-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3714 Jul 22 09:00 config.pck
-rw-rw---- 1 root    mailman 3714 Jul 21 12:05 config.pck.last
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root    mailman   24 Jul 21 12:05 request.pck

So it looks like I’m missing the config.pck files on the lists
from the old host. Did I get a bad backup?  The disks eventually
blew up on the old host so that’s plausible.

Is there a way to re-generate the config.pck files? And where
is the list of subscribers for each list kept?