[Mailman-Users] Moving Archive Lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 22 07:20:54 CEST 2014

On 07/21/2014 08:43 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> How old was the old Mailman?  AFAIK old configs should automatically
> be upgraded if necessary when you upgrade Mailman, unless they're very
> very old (< 2.1.9 at a guess).

Way older than that. Even config.db files from Mailman 2.0.x will be
properly converted/upgraded. There's even code in Mailman/versions.py,
which is what does the work, to address Mailman 1.0 lists, but I won't
guarantee it works on 1.0.x or the oldest 2.0.x config.db files but it
does the best it can to map things as closely as possible to their
current equivalents.