[Mailman-Users] Mailman Subscribers Management

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jul 6 16:01:27 CEST 2014

On 07/05/2014 08:03 AM, Reinhard Klein wrote:
> Hi to all
> We have just started to run a Mailing list with nearly 1000 subscribers.
> If I go to list the subcribers in the admin web interface, I have only
> found the possibilty to search subscribers by name or e-mail adress to
> list them, or list all by entering a star (*)

You can also search by partial name or email address, e.g, search for
yahoo.com to find all members with yahoo.com addresses[1]. You can also
search for members whose name or address matches a regular expression
pattern, e.g. ^j.*com$ to find members whose name or address starts with
'j' and ends with 'com'. All matches are case insensitive. see the 'Find
member' help link for documentation of the regular expression syntax.

> Is there a possibility to search by the content of the other subscriber
> list columns like "nomail"  to see who has nomail = on for any reason.
> If so, what is the search syntax for that.

Not directly from the web UI. If you have access to Mailman's command
line tools, you can use Mailman's bin/list_members for this, e.g.

bin/list_members --nomail LISTNAME

See 'bin/list_members --help' for more.

If you only have web access, the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/mailman-subscribers.py> and/or the FAQ
at <http://wiki.list.org/x/aYA9> may help.