[Mailman-Users] We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 1 17:03:28 CEST 2014

On 07/01/2014 07:08 AM, Roel Wagenaar wrote:
> L.S.
>
> 	Bug in Mailman version 2.1.15
>
> 	We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
> 	Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing 	of
> traceback and other system information has been explicitly 			inhibited, but the
> webmaster can find this information in the 			Mailman error logs.
>

> The above message shows up on the web pages, unfortunately the last log written
> to is qrunner, error is empty, so no info on what it is about.

The above message indicates the traceback was written to some 'error'
log, just not the one you're looking at.

You can always edit (temporarily) Mailman's scripts/driver and at line
33 change

STEALTH_MODE = 1

STEALTH_MODE = 0

and that will allow the traceback and other diagnostic info to be
displayed instead of the "We're sorry, we hit a bug!" message.

> Would like to show some logging, but it simply is not there.

It was successfully written to an 'error' log somewhere or the "We're
sorry, we hit a bug!" message would say:

"Mailman experienced a very low level failure and could not even
generate a useful traceback for you.  Please report this to the Mailman
administrator at this site."