[Mailman-Users] Mailman Issues and How to debug?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 22 16:38:18 CET 2014

On 01/21/2014 05:54 AM, Srinivas B. wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have the following environment:
>
> Amazon Linux 2013.09
> mailman 2.1.12
> virtualmin

How was Mailman installed? If it is a virtualmin package, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/Mailman+and+CPanel> which applies
equally to virtualmin.

> This is a new server that was recently setup with few mailing lists.
> Running into few issues that were never seen in our old server. All the
> mailing lists are created brand-new on this server.
>
> On a daily basis we get reminders about pending requests for each of the
> mailing list.
> Clicking on the link: lists.<our domain>/mailman/admindb/mem says "The
> requested URL couldnot be retrieved".
>   - The following error was encountered "Zero Sized Reply"
>   - This very URL works fine at other time(s) but sometimes it doesn't
>>From Virtualmin UI, the mailing list manager says "no pending requests" for
> any of the mailing list that sent the notification.

The admindb CGI should always return a page whether or not there are
pending requests. What do the web server logs say? Pending request
reminders should not be sent if there are no requests. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/EoCE>.

> A couple of members complained that they received the same mail multiple
> times - more than 10 times - but none of our test-accounts seen this issue,
> so can't tell what went wrong.

Check your MTA logs and compare the Received: headers of the multiple
copies for clues on where the duplication occurred.

> Is there a way to check if everything with mailman is setup correctly and
> no issues are seen?

Look at Mailman's logs for problems.