[Mailman-Users] configuration glitch causing mail delivery fail (FIXED)

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Jan 9 16:45:56 CET 2014

On 1/8/2014 5:46 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 01:43 PM, Steve Lindemann wrote:
>
>> Somehow the
>> mailman messages where picking up the ipv6 localhost address as the
>> source of the original message ...
>

> Probably because the /etc/hosts entry for 'localhost' is the ipv6 address.

oh damn... I never even thought to look there.  I really do need to
remember to keep it simple and go with the basics.  Especially since
turning ipv6 off in centos turned out to be a lot harder than I ever
expected it should be.

The ipv6 localhost address was the second line in the hosts file and
ipv4 was the first.  I thought the first line would have taken
precedence unless mailman is specifically asking for the ipv6 localhost
first.

Either way, I've cleaned that up now too.  Thanks!