[Mailman-Users] Newsletter Blast sending duplicates to subscribers

Doug Hutson doug at mrdirectint.com
Wed Jan 8 17:03:12 CET 2014

Hi,

We've been using mailman for quite a long time now, and suddenly the
last newsletter we sent out sent duplicates to random users as far as I
can tell.

All the people that have e-mailed us about this issue were specifically
yahoo addresses.  Reports of 4-50 duplicates per user were sent to
them.  We only have one list of users we send users to, and this is the
first time this has ever happened.

I have a few accounts added to the list myself, and my aol account did
not recieve the email at all.  Previously the aol account received the
messages, I had a couple of the newsletters in my account still unread.

So, my question specifically... does anybody have advice in what I
should look for as to why this happened?  I read a post from 2002 that
was somewhat similar to this issue, but it had to do with not haveing
enough memory... and currently my server has 53gigs free, so that
couldn't be the issue... unless of course you have to 'allocate' memory
to mailman in some config file.   We have about 12k users on our list.

Thank you in advance, and let me know if I lacked some details to help
solve my issue.

Thanks,
Doug