[Mailman-Users] Protect seeing the list of mailing lists, using htaccess, or similar?

Peter Heitzer Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jan 9 16:27:57 CET 2014

>>> On 1/7/2014 at 22:51, Mark London <mrl at psfc.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi - I want to hide our list of mailing lists from the public, but still
> make the list viewable to administrators.  Is this possible, i.e.
> through an htaccess file, or perhaps some other method? Thanks.

You could run a cronjob that generates an html page with the appropriate links, e.g.
and store the file on the private archive directory of a special list where only the list admins
have access to.
If an administrator enters the url $mailmanbaseurl/mailman/private/$speciallist/$infopage
he or she can access the info page with all lists.

This method is rather crude, but requires no change of mailman code. Access control is via
mailman's mechanism.