[Mailman-Users] Protect seeing the list of mailing lists, using htaccess, or similar?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 8 05:38:08 CET 2014

On 01/07/2014 01:51 PM, Mark London wrote:
> Hi - I want to hide our list of mailing lists from the public, but still
> make the list viewable to administrators.  Is this possible, i.e.
> through an htaccess file, or perhaps some other method? Thanks.

If you mean that you want the listinfo overview at, e.g.,
http://example.com/mailman/listinfo/ to show no lists, but the admin
overview at , e.g., http://example.com/mailman/admin/ to show the lists,
this is not possible in Mailman without code modification, but even if
you could do it, you would also need to implement some kind of
authentication to prevent non-admins from seeing the
http://example.com/mailman/admin/ page.