[Mailman-Users] problem after changing the server name

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 5 18:53:08 CET 2014

On 01/05/2014 09:24 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> Mark - the only setting that changed on mine is the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN,
> but I'm guessing I still need to do the full command.
>
> So, before I do something dumb and blindly run the command and possibly
> mess up my lists (that seem to be working fine), I simply cd to the /bin
> directory, and run:
>
> bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url -- [fix_url options]
>
> ?
>
> Or do I need to actually specify something for the word 'options'?

[fix_url options] in the above stands for those options (i.e., -u HOST
and/or -v) you might want to specify to fix_url.

Assuming you have only one URL domain and email domain and they are
properly set as DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, what you need
to run after changing DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN is just

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

or to see what it's doing

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url -- -v

(the -- separates the fix_url options from the withlist options).

If you have multiple virtual hosts, it's more complicated. You need to run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME -u HOSTNAME

where LISTNAME is a list name and HOSTNAME is the URL host for that list
separately for each list.