[Mailman-Users] problem after changing the server name

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Jan 5 18:24:31 CET 2014

On 2014-01-05 12:05 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> On 01/05/2014 08:00 AM, Dominique Asselineau wrote:
>>
>> It seeems the server name is encoded in file
>> /var/lib/mailman/lists/<list-name>/config.pck updated by the command
>> "config_list -i <config-file-name>", but i do not find manner to
>> modify the server name into those pages. host_name specifies only the
>> domain in the e-mail adresses.
>

> See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9> and
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.

Thanks Dominique and Mark - I had completely forgotten about this after
migrating everything to my new server yesterday.

Mark - the only setting that changed on mine is the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN,
but I'm guessing I still need to do the full command.

So, before I do something dumb and blindly run the command and possibly
mess up my lists (that seem to be working fine), I simply cd to the /bin
directory, and run:

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url -- [fix_url options]

?

Or do I need to actually specify something for the word 'options'?

Thanks again!

Charles