[Mailman-Users] Question about web and mail hosting in Mailman.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 8 19:29:30 CET 2014

On 02/08/2014 07:42 AM, Joe wrote:

> I have been told that this solution is not possible as I will not be able to access Mailman administrative interface through my browser (as in www.domain.com/mailman/admin) since the website will be in a different server and not the one where Mailman is located.

That is correct.

> Is this true or is possible to have this type of configuration with mailman lists and website hosted by different servers ?

What you need is to have the MX for the email domain of the lists and
the web domain of the lists be the same server or at least servers that
can share the Mailman file system via NFS or some other file sharing
manager.

In your case, if the lists are addressed as LISTNAME at example.com with
the MX for example.com being the Mailman host, you will need to have a
domain for the web interface, e.g. http://lists.example.com/mailman/...,
which also resolves to the Mailman host.