[Mailman-Users] Question about web and mail hosting in Mailman.

Joe joemailgroups at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 16:42:00 CET 2014

Hello, everyone.

I am transferred the website of my Mailman related domain to a third party hosting service but plant to host the Mailman list itself with a different service. I have been told that Mailman can not reside in one server while the website associated with the domain it uses resides in another. In my case the domain.com website is hosted by one service while the Mailman list and a few e-mail associated with the domain (info at domain.com and admin at domain.com) are hosted by another service (by service I mean different servers in different geographical locations).

I have been told that this solution is not possible as I will not be able to access Mailman administrative interface through my browser (as in www.domain.com/mailman/admin) since the website will be in a different server and not the one where Mailman is located.

Is this true or is possible to have this type of configuration with mailman lists and website hosted by different servers ?

Thank you in advance,

Joe.