[Mailman-Users] Yahoo spam detection

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 23 01:10:57 CET 2014

On 12/22/2014 03:18 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Can anyone suggest something I can do to convince Yahoo I'm not sending
> spam?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4oA9>.

Other than that, if Yahoo were a real ISP and not a freemail ESP that
gets nothing from it's users other than their eyeballs, the users
themselves might have some clout to achieve delivery of desired mail to
their inboxes. As has been said, "friends don't let friends use Yahoo".

Note that I have a yahoo.com (as well as an aol.com and a gmail.com)
address just to see some of the problems for myself. My outgoing list
mail all has valid SPF and a valid DKIM signature from the list domain,
yet occasionally, for no reason I can determine, a list post will end up
in my Yahoo spam folder. In my case, this is the exception, and at least
the post is delivered as spam and not rejected or silently discarded, YMMV.