[Mailman-Users] Archive merge and search

Hal my_list_address at yahoo.no
Wed Dec 10 10:41:35 CET 2014

On 18/11/2014 17:31, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 11/18/2014 06:35 AM, Hal wrote:
>
>> So for any new messages from now on I want my list to work this way:
>>
>> 1) HTML formatted postings should be converted to plain text before
>> reaching other members.
>

> In Mailman's Content filtering msection you want the following:
>
> filter_content: Yes
> filter_mime_types: empty
> pass_mime_types:
>      multipart
>      text/plain
>      text/html
> filter_filename_extensions: irrelevant, default list OK
> pass_filename_extensions: empty
> collapse_alternatives: Yes
> convert_html_to_plaintext: Yes
> filter_action: as desired, this will only apply to a message which
> contains no text/html or text/plain part.

All my settings were the same as above except "pass_mime_types:" where
"message/rfc822" was also included.
My list isn't very active but has come alive in the past few days, but
strangely none of those messages are available in the archive.
So I rechecked my settings and quickly removed "message/rfc822" once I
found it. Still, this hasn't made any difference (new messages have been
posted to the list since I made that change -I believe you've already
pointed out that any changes don't affect messages already posted) and
as far as I can see this shouldn't be the cause of this problem anyway
(as you explained earlier, including "message/rfc822" only defines if
attachements should be content filtered or not.

Any idea what could be causing list messages not to be archived? My
"Archiving options" seem fine:

archive:		yes
archive_private:	private
archive_volume_freq.:	monthly