[Mailman-Users] mailman group membership in /etc/group

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Wed Dec 3 18:34:05 CET 2014

What are the implications for mailman, functionally, of having the web
server user, www-data as a member of the mailman group in /etc/group?  I
note that I've done this for _some_ reason on a couple of installs, and
I've assumed that there were at least some security implications, but
it's never been a problem.  I've done a bit of googling for this and
can't find a reference on it, so I thought I'd ask :)

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |