[Mailman-Users] moving mailman

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 30 06:02:13 CEST 2014

jdd writes:

 > and by the way logs are not always easy to find. Mailman's are not (on
 > openSUSE) available in /var/log, but in /var/lib/mailman/logs

True.  Postfix has a utility "postconf" and Mailman 3 will have a
similar capability ("mailman info" IIRC; maybe Mailman 2 has it too?)
that allows you to print out application configuration, including log
locations.  (Of course if you use syslog or something like that the
location will be determined by the syslog application.  *sigh* -- but
at least then it should be in /var/log somewhere.)

I don't *expect* anybody to remember this advice, but it *might* save
somebody some hairpulling someday, so I mention it. :-)