[Mailman-Users] Mailman, DMARC and OpenDKIM

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 27 19:34:24 CEST 2014

On 04/27/2014 10:16 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> My understanding is that DMARC alignment depends on both SPF and DKIM
> and that if a test using either protocol passes, then a DMARC will pass.
> This is probably an oversimplification, but I'm exploring the idea of
> whether it might be possible to interpose a milter using OpenDKIM
> (perhaps zdkimfilter) between Mailman and the outgoing SMTP server
> (courier-MTA) so that outgoing list posts are appropriately signed.

This doesn't help. The whole idea behind DMARC is the message must pass
either SPF or DKIM with a domain that 'aligns' with the domain of the
address in the From: header.

You can't DKIM sign for the yahoo.com or aol.com or whatever.com domain
because you don't know their private keys. You can only DKIM sign for
your own domain which won't 'align' with the From: domain.